It's been a year and here we are. We hope you and your family are well. And we wish you are very special (yet different) holiday season.
These are some of our top picks for 2020 Holiday Season.
1. Fabric Bundles and Pre-cuts: Every quilter, maker and sewist love fabric. What says I love you more than a bundle of pretty fabric under the tree. We have a variety of fat quarter bundles and pre-cuts that would be a great addition to any fabric hoard.
2. Ruler Bracelets: What can be more handy than a ruler bracelet. Not only is it yummy, but functional too. This year we have 30” bracelets that wrap around the wrist three times and come in some fun colors too.
3.This year we have partnered up with a local jewelry artisan Jill Davis from, Jill K Davis Designs. We love the sleek simplistic sewing needle charm made out of sterling silver. Available as earrings and/or necklace on 16” sterling silver chain. Each piece is custom made and made to order.
4. ChiaoGoo Knitting Needle Sets, bamboo or stainless steel. Staff favorite and sure to get you through winter without wondering where your knitting needles went. Comes in a nifty case to keep your needles and cables together.
5. Moisturizing Butter Lotion Bars by Rose and Perry Co. Rose and Perry Co specializes in all natural, handmade, small batch bath and body products. Each ingredient is carefully chosen and researched to offer amazing products. We couldn’t resist not sharing our favorite lotion bar, perfect for makers’ hands. Bonus, it smells amazing.
6. Merchant and Mills Notions. Omg, it’s Merchant and Mills! Yes, that Merchant and Mills. Can you tell we are excited by cute notions? Small scissors, sewing pins, needle threader and a sewing kit. The sewing kit . . . .it’s good. Real good.
7. Coco Knits anything and everything. Knit notions galore! Favorites: colorful stitch markers and magnetic bracelet. You can never have enough stitch markers.
8. Fair Play Kits. Adorable felt kits, great for inspiring creativity in kids. Made for beginner hand sewing ages 6+. Numerous kits to pick from.
9. Tumblers (with a lid, which is extremely important when drinking and making) Twelve ounce insulated tumbler great for coffee, tea, wine, more wine and maybe some wine. Most important, comes with a lid to prevent spills. Pick from seven different designs such as, Sewing is Sexy. Which it is.
10. HZL-70 Juki Sewing Machine. This is a great beginner sewing machine for kids. Portable, durable and easy to use. Even better, it’s in stock. Please call or email the store for special holiday pricing.
11. Juki TL 2020 Platinum Edition. There are only 2,000 of these machines for the US market and Sew to Speak is getting 5 maybe 10. It’s a beauty and it’s all silver. This is a pre-order item and anticipated for a December delivery.
12. Hands down, top gift, can never go wrong: Sew to Speak Gift Card. It is good on everything we sell and never expires. You can purchase in store or online. If you wish for a physical gift card please contact the store.
13. MadelineTosh Holiday Count Down Calendar Introducing 12 Days of Madelinetosh, a triangle-shaped project calendar made up of 16 individual boxes you get to open up each day. Every box contains some festive goodies we’re absolutely MAD about.
Remember to shop small, shop local and shop early!!!!!
We love supporting other small businesses and our customers. If you are interested in purchasing locally made mask here are some great resources. You might notice some fun fabric from a little store called Sew to Speak.
Please SEW Masks! If you have a pattern for a mask use it, but if you need a pattern we have several below. Get creative. There are lots of ways to make a good mask for yourself and others to stop spreading the virus.
-Jersey knit, like that of a t-shirt can be cut into strips for ties or used in place of elastic. But be sure to test it since not all jersey is the same.
-Several patterns for masks are listed below. We are not experts on this so we suggest trying different ones to see which one works best for you with the supplies you have. There are many more mask patterns on the internet. Try one design before you mass produce.