Intermediate/Adventurous bag making! In this class we will work together to sew the All Well Weekender Tote. Students will learn essential bag making skills including sewing with heavy weight fabrics, sewing zippers, bias binding and proper hemming techniques.
Skill Level - Adventurous/Intermediate- You must know how to fully use your machine and have sewn using a pattern before. This pattern is a skill builder. No previous knowledge of zippers, bias binding, or bag sewing required.
Supplies (not included): Students receive 15% off all supplies purchased at Sew to Speak
- - All Well Workshop Weekender Tote pattern- included in class price, please pick it up at the shop and cut out all the pieces before class
- - Fabric - 2 1/2yd. Heavy weight cotton canvas, duck cloth, or similar, 10oz-12oz weight (339gsm - 407gsm) for best results. We can help you find what you need in the shop
- - 100” Binding - Choose either ½” bias binding, or 1” twill tape
- - 24” Bag zipper, or 22” standard (non-separating) zipper - longer works, but nothing shorter
- - 8” standard zipper (for interior pocket)
- - Matching Thread (topstitching thread optional)
- - 3 yd Cotton webbing for straps
- - Heavy duty machine needles
- - Zipper foot
- - General sewing notions; pins, extra machine needles, scissors, marking pens, seam ripper, clear ruler
Skills Learned - inserting a zipper, bias binding, hemming with accuracy, and techniques for sewing with heavier fabrics.
Teacher - Nat Della Selva
Class 1: cutting out fabric, heavy duty sewing techniques, sewing pocket, sewing zipper top
Class 2: sewing main bag, bias binding, inserting zipper top, adding handles and hemming
Instructor Nat Della Silva (@neighborhoodpatterns) will send an email a few weeks before class with information on fabric and some helpful hints to help you prepare for the first class.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.