Welcome to our Sewing Skill Building (SSB) class series! These classes are designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to help you grow as a home sewist. You will be provided with a binder to keep all your personal notes and samples to refer back to when you sew at home. All of our SSB classes are designed to be taken individually or as a series, whichever you prefer.
It’s important that you have your own sewing machine so that your notes can include settings and preferences specific to your machine. This means your binder will be tailored specifically to your needs and preferences.
In Sewing Skill Building 3, we will cover different details and techniques that will help elevate your home garment sewing to a new level.
In two 2.5 hour sessions you will learn how to construct:
- Bound Buttonholes
- Spaghetti Straps
- Loop Buttonholes
- Baby Rolled Hem
- 2 different sleeve plackets
Required skills - must be familiar with your machine - can thread your machine and change settings without assistance.
- Binder (unless you already have one from another class)
- Note pages and printed instructions
- Muslin Swatches and notions
Students must bring:
- Sewing Machine
- Thread and wound bobbin (a dark color is preferred to help you see the stitching on the muslin swatches)
- Binder (if you already have one, otherwise you will receive one in class)
- A pen
Teacher: Haley Loudin
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.