One trend for 2021 that we have been hearing about our temperature blankets. What is a temperature blanket? It is a knit, crocheted or quilt block blanket that reflects the high and/or low temperature of each day for a year. Yes, 365 rows, hexes or blocks !!!!
How to get started:
- Figure out what medium you want to use and technique
- Pick your color palate and assign a color to a temperature range. You can use a large variety of colors or just a few.
- Each day look up the daily high and/or low temperature and get started
Need some inspiration, join Jamie in creating a crocheted blanket.
Pattern: Little Granny Hexes, by Traci Bee
Materials: Woolstock, Blue Sky Fibers, Hook size G, 4.25
Colors being used
- 0-35 degrees Rusted Roof
- 36-60 degrees Thermal Spring
- 61-75 degrees Quartz Crystal
- 76-90 degrees Earth Ivy
- 91+ degrees Ember Glow
- Main Color: Drift Wood
- Border Color: Gray Harbor
Late to the party? Don't worry, you can always look up the weather of previous days.