Have fun playing with improv cutting to make this scrappy holiday quilt top. Gather your large scraps, remnants, or bundles from our shop to create this whimsical and modern quilt top. This is a 1 day workshop with a 1 hour break for lunch. You will walk away with many of your blocks made and instruction on how to finish up your quilt, or use them in a variety of projects. There will be a "No Tears" binding class offered on November 16th. Scrappy Tree kits will also be available for purchase.
LEVEL: Intermediate. (Must have experience quilting, including using a rotary cutter, and finishing a quilt.)
Sew to Speak has all your supplies needed for this class. You will receive 15% off your supplies for class.
Finished quilt size is approx 50" x 70"
- Assortment of bright prints precut into 50 9"x 11" rectangles (fat eighths). (If prints are directional they should be aligned vertically)
- Fat quarter kits are available at Sew to Speak
- 1/8 yard brown fabric for trunks. (Can use assorted scraps cut to 1 1/2" by 2")
- Rotary cutter, mat, and ruler. (I like the 3 1/2" x 18" for this project.)
- Basic sewing supplies -- machine, thread, seam ripper, small scissors, etc.