Knowing how to insert a zipper into your garment allows you to create a fitted silhouette and can add a touch of design. In this class, you will learn about the different types of zippers, when to use which type and how to insert them. You will also learn how to shorten a zipper for custom sizing.
- Familiarity with threading your machine.
- Familiarity with sewing a straight stitch on your machine.
- Zipper foot for conventional zipper (most often comes with machine)
- Zipper foot for invisible zipper
- Needle and thread
- Tape measure
- Water soluble fabric marker
- Invisible zipper*
- Separating zipper*
- 2 conventional zippers (metal or plastic)*
- 1 yard of mid-weight cotton fabric
*Zippers can be any size. Shorter sizes are preferable for our purposes.