Buttons can add a beautiful finish to a garment, whether you are using a plain button for utilitarian purposes or a decorative one that will accent your design. In this class, you will learn how to make several types of buttonholes, as well as when to use which one. See you there!
- Familiarity with threading your machine.
- Familiarity with the zigzag stitch on your machine.
- At least a 12” x 12” square each of a lightweight fabric (sheer), a heavy fabric (corduroy, denim, etc.) and a midweight fabric (cotton or knit)
- Needle and thread
- Buttonhole attachment, if you have one. Not required
- Pair of small needlepoint scissors, such as embroidery scissors
- 6” ruler
Water soluble fabric marker
- At least an 18” x 18” square of lightweight and medium weight interfacing